There are a whole range of advantages to a new furnace installation and many times it is something that should be considered even if your current furnace is still fully functional. By installing a newer, energy efficient model, you could considerably reduce the amount of fuel used to heat your home. That not only benefits your bank balance due to lower energy bills, but it’s also positive for the environment. A new furnace installation will also be better able to provide comfortable living conditions inside your home and the risk of inconvenient breakdowns will be lessened.
As the leading furnace installation and repair company in the Toronto region, we would always recommend you seek the assistance of a reputable HVAC company to help identify the most appropriate furnace for your home. However, it always pays to conduct some of your own preliminary research beforehand and during this article we are going to explain some of the key things to look for when purchasing a new furnace.
How to Ensure Your New Furnace Installation is the Best Choice
Before you start looking at the different types of furnaces available and the features you would like your new furnace to possess, you need to be clear on your goals. Take some time to assess your needs. Are you looking for a basic furnace or do you have a larger budget available? Are you planning on staying in your property for the considerable future? Do you use supplementary heaters in any of the rooms in your home? How big are the rooms that you need to heat? By answering these questions you’ll be able to target your search from the outset, ensuring you don’t waste time looking at anything that isn’t relevant. Some of the features you should look for when you do start looking at the different furnace models available include:
- Correct Size – If you are not sure of the correct size of furnace installation for your property, contact AirPlus. We can conduct a free assessment of your home to determine the size of furnace required to provide an adequate level of heating.
- High Energy Efficiency – If you are currently using an ancient furnace that has an energy efficiency of between 70 and 80%, you could cut your annual energy costs by as much as 28% by simply choosing an energy efficient model. There are many gas furnaces available that operate at 98% efficiency.
- Build Quality – Just like any other device, a furnace’s build quality is an important consideration and could have a considerable impact upon its lifespan. Try and see the furnace in person if possible, rather than simply relying on pictures from a catalogue.
- Brand Name – Researching the various brands of furnaces can really pay dividends and give you a good idea of how reliable a furnace is likely to be. Look for a brand that is renowned for its high level of performance and longevity. If you are struggling to find a brand you like, give AirPlus a call; we’d be glad to point you in the right direction.
- Programmable Thermostat – This feature is a real plus and is something that should definitely feature on your wish list. Generally, the average household wastes considerable amounts of heat energy every year simply because their furnace is frequently left on longer than it needs to be. That will never happen again with a programmable thermostat.
- Rebates – If you have decided a new furnace installation is a necessity for your property, your aim should be to buy the highest quality furnace for the lowest price possible. Rebates can help you to achieve this, so be sure to check what you are eligible to claim before making your final decision.
Finally, when searching for a new furnace, the furnace installation process is just as important as the purchase of the unit itself, and you should only hire a company that is well known for its quality of work. AirPlus has installed thousands of new furnaces in homes all across the Toronto area over the course of the last 20 years, is a member of numerous professional associations and has reviews from satisfied clients on both Yelp and Google+.